It was a special day at the Garibaldi House! The love of my life turned 35 today!!!
So in honor of his birthday, I’m offering bits of Kevin’s priceless wisdom…free of charge! I originally wrote this piece as a Valentine’s Day gift to Kevin years and years and years ago. I thought it would be fun to post it here as a good reminder to my heart. Plus, I had to add a few new ones! So…
What I’ve Learned from Loving Kevin
• If you have it and somebody needs it, give it. If you need it and somebody offers it, take it.
• My best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.
• Trust means giving the benefit of the doubt – every time.
• Listen with your ears, not your mouth.
• The blessing you receive from watching others enjoy your material possessions is a far greater joy than any you would have received from using them yourself.
• True love continues to grow, even over the longest distance.
• Make each “I love you” count.
• Accept whatever situation God puts you in and make it great.
• Heroes are the people who do what has to be done, when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
• For some things in life, there is simply no substitute a hug, a hand to hold, an “I love you”, a Ruby’s burger.
• More important that what you are doing, is who you are with.
• Be a big tipper.
• Just because somebody doesn’t show love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
• The true goal of education is not to produce students, but to produce teachers.
• If it doesn’t come from the heart, it doesn’t count.
• If you’ve been blessed by good customer service, go out of your way to pass on a good word to the boss.
• The only way to eat a Ritz cracker is salt-side down.
• Serving to a point isn’t really serving.
Share the lessons you’ve learned from loving the special people in your life! We’d love to hear how God has used your relationships with your husband, friend, child, grandparent, or anyone else to mold and shape both your habits and your character. Leave us a comment below…
And…if you are looking for a super cheap, but meaningful gift from the heart for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or a special birthday…you can make your own! Write down the lessons you’ve learned from that wonderful person in your life, type it up, or handwrite it – and put it in an inexpensive frame! “What I’ve Learned from Loving Kevin” hangs on the wall in our bedroom to this day!
Thanking the Lord for my Kevin today!