Happy Monday Friends!
We haven’t even been in school a week yet and the Garibaldi house is already nursing some back-to-school bugs! We had an outbreak of Strep Throat and Scarlet Fever (who gets Scarlet Fever in the 21st century??) over the weekend so I’ve got a couple of little ones joining us before the Throne in prayer this morning. Just gives us one more reason to be on our knees…
• Please pray with us for fellow prayer warrior, Lauren, who has been led to start a new MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group in Fairhope, Alabama. Celebration MOPS, as they are called, will have their very first meeting this Wednesday, September 12th. Lauren asks that we pray “for the leadership team, that God would fill us to overflowing that we can pour His love on the women that He brings. Like Moses is Exodus 33:14-15 says to God ‘we don’t want to go if you’re not going with us’. That is my heart’s prayer, that we remain doing His work not our own and that He goes with us!” It is a privilege to pray with Lauren!
• Pray for Throne of Grace’s Tami and her family. Her father-in-law, Tommy, had a series of unexpected health complications this past week that led to the amputation of his leg on Saturday. He is still hospitalized, recovering from surgery and adjusting physically and emotionally to this major life change. Tami has asked that we pray for his healing, as well as for the adjustments and logistics for him and his wife, Linda, as he transitions back home in the next couple of weeks. Pray that the Lord would draw them to Him and give them peace in their hearts about everything. Let’s also pray for wisdom for Tami and her husband, Kyle, and Kyle’s brother and sister-in-law as they seek to be a support to their parents.
• Praise God for a very blessed time of fellowship and teaching for our church at Family Camp this past weekend (or so I hear!). All the preparations and travels went smoothly. I’m also thankful that God gave our family wisdom to stay home when the kids were feeling “under the weather” – in His sovereignty He protected us from unknowingly exposing everyone to Scarlet Fever!
• We would appreciate prayers for quick healing for our kiddos and protection as they return to school with their immune systems a little compromised!
• Finally, as the anniversary of September 11th comes this week, let’s be in prayer for the Lord’s protection over our nation. Let’s be sure to thank Him for the incredible measure of safety and security we live under, in comparison to so many parts of the world! Let’s pray that our nation’s leaders would be looking to the Lord as our source of both security and blessing and that they would be trusting Him for wisdom to make decisions each day. And let not forget to lift up the families and loved ones of those who were personally impacted on that tragic day in 2001.
SO much to lay at the foot of the Cross! I’m thankful that no burden is too big for our Savior to bear!
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
(Matthew 11:28 NIV)
Let us know you are joining us in prayer today by leaving a comment below!