Good Monday Morning Friends!
We are sailing through the month of October, already! Did you know that October is Pastor Appreciation month? Well it is! So let’s begin with a prayer for our pastors:
Dear Jesus, Thank you for not leaving us alone! You are so good to have given us Your Holy Spirit to teach us, convict us, and remind us of all of Your words. And if that weren’t enough, you have also given us wonderful shepherds – our pastors – to give us greater insight into Scripture and to lead us as we seek to become more like You! Today we ask for a special blessing over our pastors. We pray that you will keep them close to You, protect them from temptation, and use them mightily for Your Kingdom. Help them to rely on Your strength, and not their own, to remain faithful to the calling You have given them. Give them rest, refreshment, and encouragement for their souls to press on when faced with challenges. Show us, Lord, how we may bring special blessings to our pastors and their families this month! Amen.
One of the BEST ways you can encourage your pastor is through your faithful prayers. Of course, Throne of Grace has the perfect tool to help with that!
Here are a few other ideas of ways to give your pastor a little extra special appreciation this month (or anytime!):
* Give your pastor and his wife a gift card to a local restaurant for a night out (offer to provide babysitting, if necessary!)
* Send him a card of thanks in the mail. If you have children, have them include pictures or artwork!
* Invite your pastor and his family over for dinner.
* Give your pastor a gift certificate to a local Christian Book Store or online Christian book distributor.
* Use whatever gifts God has given you to serve your pastor or his family – bake goodies, clean their house, offer to do yard work, wash a car, do home maintenance, etc.
Here are a few new prayer requests and praises this week:
• Meredith has asked us to pray specifically for her senior pastor. Please pray for protection for his 5 young kids and beautiful wife and direction for Meredith’s church.
• Throne of Grace’s own Deb and her family are praising God that they have received a referral for an infant boy in China. Hallelujah! They have been waiting for many, many months to move forward with their adoption! Please pray for them as they wait to travel and as they prepare to welcome a precious little one into their home!
• And last, but not least, please join me in praying for one more adopting family that was just matched with a baby:
My sister, Emmy, and brother-in-law, Nathan, have just today received the wonderful news that a birthmother has chosen their family! Praise God! My new niece or nephew will be born sometime in the next few weeks! Please pray for the health of both mom and baby and pray for a safe delivery. Emmy would also love prayers for wisdom in the decisions that need to be made in the next few weeks and for God’s peace as they trust Him to orchestrate all the details of traveling for the baby’s birth and preparing for the baby’s arrival home. Let’s also pray for a smooth adjustment for the whole family (especially for 2 1/2 year old Penelope!)
We’d love to know you are praying with us this week! Leave us a comment below…and be sure to let us know if there is a way we can be praying for YOU! 🙂