Happy Veteran’s Day!
I have to begin Prayer & Praise Monday with a photo. In God’s irony, we (meaning all 200.000 people who attend Bible Study Fellowship worldwide), were studying Noah and the flood in Genesis the week of Hurricane Sandy. This week’s lesson was on Genesis 8:1:
“And God remembered Noah…”
We looked at God’s faithfulness to care for Noah and his family and His gracious gift of the rainbow to be a sign of His covenant to never flood the whole earth again. Then I saw this picture posted on the internet…
This was taken on October 30, 2012, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. To those in the midst of its path, life is forever changed. But even in the deepest tragedy of a fallen world, there is light.
The light of Christ and His glory shines on and our gracious God put this beautiful rainbow in the sky to tell the world that He remembers.
We, too, need to remember.
• Please remember those who have suffered through Hurricane Sandy in your prayers this week. Continue to pray for our friend, Maureen’s, parents – Bill and JoAnne – by name. I’m hoping to get an update on them soon!
• Let’s remember our military heroes and their families. Praise the Lord for our nation’s vets who have served and sacrificed in ways most of us will never know! Pray especially, as we approach the holiday season, for those who, because of their military service, are separated from their families this time of year.
• Thank you for continuing to remember Jacob in prayer. I heard this week from his mom, Lori. Jacob is currently in the hospital undergoing round 4 of chemotherapy for Hodgkin’s Disease. He is actually hoping to be released today, which is his 15th Birthday! Please pray that the chemo has been effective at reducing and ELIMINATING his tumors. Pray for complete healing and restored strength. Jacob will have scans done the week after Thanksgiving to assess his progress.
• I (Molly) would appreciate prayer for my in-laws. My grandmother-in-law (G.G) has been hospitalized all weekend with a number of issues related to her heart (fluid in one lung, swelling in her legs, difficulty breathing, etc.). She is expected to be released today and will return to my mother- and father-in-law’s home where she lives. However, their care for her has now greatly intensified. They need to move G.G. to the first floor, but don’t have a spare room there, she is on many, many medications that need careful monitoring, etc. My mother-in-law still works full time as a teacher. Please pray for wisdom for them as they make decisions for her care. Pray they would be trusting in the Lord to give them ALL that they need to take care of their own responsibilities and G.G. too! Please pray for rest and deep sleep – as the stress of everything has made that difficult.
• Tami would love for us to remember her in prayer this week as she is recovering from a week of being down and out with a bad cold. Pray God will give her energy to tackle the responsibilities God has given her.
I feel like I’m forgetting something, so I hope not! Thank you for your faithful prayers and thank you to those of you who have been humble and transparent to share your prayers with us. Together it is exciting to watch God work! As always, we’d love to hear from you if you are joining us in prayer today. Let us know by leaving a comment below! And if you have a prayer or praise to share, we want to hear that too!
Enjoy your week!