Happy Monday, Prayer Warriors!
My pastor shared this quote recently and I thought it was a great picture of prayer:
“Prayer pulls the rope down below and the great bell rings above in the ears of God. Some scarcely stir the bell, for they pray so languidly; others give only an occasional jerk at the rope. But he who communicates with heaven is the man who grasps the rope boldly and pulls continuously with all his might..”
– Charles Surgeon –
I know I’m often guilty of timidly pulling on the rope or yankly suddenly out of desperation. Let’s begin (AND END!) our week with a bold and continuous grasp on the bell…
We have some wonderful praises to share this week!
• I just heard from Lori, Jacob’s mom. We’ve been praying for Jacob for about 6 months now as he has endured round after round of chemotherapy to fight Hodgkin’s disease. Jacob has now completed the follow-up radiation therapy and is officially in remission! He is doing well and is preparing to return to high school in April. Praise God, the great Healer! Be sure to thank the Lord for this answer to prayer and continue praying for Jacob as he transitions back to school. He is very excited but I’m sure it will be a bit overwhelming, too! Pray that his body, that has been weakened through all this will be strong to resist all the nasty bugs at school and that he will have the endurance to keep up with a heavy school load.
• My sister-in-law, Shelley, also has a praise to share. We were praying last week for her family as they are very suddenly being dislodged from the home they’ve been renting the past few years. God is good and has provided a home already! They are excited about the new place in a great family neighborhood that is very close to dear friends and will actually give them more space for their newly-expanded family! Such a blessing! Please continue to pray for them over as they pack and transition. The move is less than two weeks away!
• Sonja has asked us to pray for her and her family. Her husband was laid off from his job very unexpectantly last week. He was excited to have already been given an interview for a new job at a new company today, but then found out that the person he was interviewing with was fired last Friday – as was this new company’s CEO! Lots of changes going on and lots of uncertainty. Pray that Sonja and her husband will rest in the fact that God is not surprised by any of this at all and that He is their provider, not the paycheck. Pray that her husband can quickly find new work and that the new job would even allow him to be home more and travel less.
• Kevin (my husband) has asked us to pray for him as he prepares for a big seminar he is conducting tomorrow at his school. Other schools in the surrounding area are sending representatives to Kevin’s school to observe and learn about their one-to-one iPad program in the Junior High. Pray that Kevin will have a voice (he is fighting a little bug!) and that all the information will be shared in a clear and engaging way. Pray that the day will bring glory to God and not to Kevin or his school.
• Finally, Throne of Grace will be at a local boutique tomorrow at Crossline Church in Laguna Hills, CA. (You can get more information HERE). We would LOVE your prayers for a successful boutique! Pray that God would lead every conversation we get to have with customers and that we would be an encouragement to those we meet. Pray we would have opportunities to share the Truth of God’s Word and that the Lord would bless our sales as well.
Have a great week everyone! Don’t forget to keep tugging on that bell…our Lord is ready to answer!