I’m back from vacation and glad to meet here with you all once again to petition before the throne of our Heavenly Father. I was reading 2 Timothy 1 this morning:
“But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.”
(2 Timothy 1:12 ESV)
Are you convinced that He is ABLE? He is able to SAVE and able to KEEP. What more do we need??
Here are some ways you can be praying with us this week…
• I’ve got an update from Troy, who underwent surgery a few weeks ago to remove a brain tumor…
“Just got back from LA and a follow up visit with my neurologist team. I still have total paralysis on the left side of my face. You don’t realize how vain you are until something like this happens. I know I’m still in recovery mode and they promise it is not permanent but it still is hard to deal with talking, eating and just looking weird. Anyway, the swelling has caused the issues with the nerves so I’m looking at at least a month of this with gradual results back over the next 6 months. It makes me appreciate all those folks that deal with much bigger issues than this when in public. Don’t stare…learn to smile (something I can’t do right now but when the healing returns I promise to do more)…and embrace the beauty of everyone inside and out.”
Great advice Troy! Let’s keep praying for Troy to have a miraculous recovery!
• A new friend, Patricia, emailed this week to ask for prayer for healing of her fibroids. Fibroids involve heavy uterine bleeding and cause Patricia to be continually tired. Patricia is waiting on the Lord for the gift of children so she is standing on his Word for healing. He is a firm foundation, Patricia! We are standing with you this week!
• Please join me in praising the Lord for His goodness and mercy in answering every one of the prayers we had for our family trip to Colorado. From meeting all of our practical needs to blessing our relationships (NO arguments, NO family drama…that’s a miracle!), God did more than we could have asked or imagined! Here we are with our tour guide after a trip 1,000 feet underground into the Cripple Creek Gold Mine.
Yes, you read that right! We went 1,000 feet below the surface of the earth. A great test for my claustrophobia! 🙂 This happened to be Kevin’s and my 12th Wedding Anniversary! Quite a memorable celebration…
• God’s timing is perfect and He brought us all home just in time to gather around my grandfather’s bedside and sing him into Heaven.
Less than 24 hours from landing at the airport, we received word that Grandpa was on hospice care and they didn’t expect him to live for more than a day or two. He has spent the last 3 years or so in a nearby assisted living facility and has been in declining health. I’m so thankful that God allowed us to be there with him at the end. It was very hard but a huge blessing for my parents. Join me in praising the Lord that my Grandpa had made a profession of faith! I have confidence that He is now hearing perfectly, seeing perfectly, and running and jumping again with Jesus! I would appreciate your prayers for my family, especially those who are not believers, as we mourn the loss of Grandpa and make arrangements for his funeral. Pray that the Gospel would be shared boldly through his passing!
• Our church is preparing for Vacation Bible School (next week!). We would love your prayers for the opportunity to share Jesus with our children and with the community. We should have well over 100 kids there and have planned several outreaches throughout the week to the families of the children in attendance. Tami is specifically asking for prayer for all the technical details of the morning sessions and skits. Tami will be running sound, slideshows, Powerpoint, etc. Pray also for Deb as she puts the final touches on a wonderful week of crafts that she has planned for the kids. Who better to head up crafts, huh?
Thanks for standing with us and for lifting up these needs to the Lord! Let us know how we can be in prayer for you…