It’s the last day of 2012! Hard to believe…I truly don’t know where the years go! Do you all remember the Y2K bug at the turn of the century? It seems like just yesterday, yet we are well into the second decade of the 21st century!
My 9-year-old nephew was teaching me to play a board game the other day which included trivia questions. He tells me the trivia questions are hard for him but that they will be easy for me because the questions are all from the 1900’s. He made it sounds like the 1900’s were SOOO long ago! Oh boy! Well, time is marching on and today is a great day to reflect on the blessings of the year and to also look ahead to what God may have in store for 2013.
I’d love it if you would join me as we kneel before the Throne of Grace and approach our gracious and Almighty God!
• Praise the Lord with me for the ways God has expanded and multiplied Throne of Grace’s ministry this year. It’s been our best year yet and God has been so faithful to give us the time and energy to keep up with production demands! We have been very blessed by the ways He is using our products to draw people closer to Him. It is a privilege to be a part of this adventure!
• Pray for the Lord’s continuing hand of blessing and protection over the ministry of Throne of Grace. This is HIS business and we pray constantly that we wouldn’t get in the way of what He is doing! Pray for wisdom as we make plans, set production goals, seek additional worker bees to help, and attempt to maintain a godly balance between our ministry and our families, church, and other responsibilities.
• Pray along with us for YOU, our amazing Throne of Grace customers! We meet together and pray for our customers several times a week. We thank God for your love for His Word and for your boldness to want to share it with those He has put in your lives. We pray for continuing opportunities to encourage and strengthen you through this blog and our products, just as we are sharpened in our faith by you.
• Our big prayer request for Throne of Grace for 2013 is that God would pave the way for some of our printing and production to be done on a larger scale to allow for expansion. We are working on making that happen but it has been a slow process and we need to trust the Lord’s leading and His timing.
A few more specific prayer needs…
• Continue praying for the families affected by Hurricane Sandy and those devastated by the Connecticut school shooting. 2013 brings a lot of uncertainty for these people and God continues to lay them upon our hearts. Pray that God would raise up believers to minister to these families’ physical, emotional, and spiritual needs in the name of Christ.
• Pray for Kyle, Tami’s husband, who will be celebrating a birthday on Wednesday. Tami has asked that we pray that his day will be special as they get some extra time off together.
• Please also continue to pray for Tami’s father-in-law, Tommy, who is still having complications following his leg amputation this past September. Last week, doctor’s had to operate yet again to remove more of the bone that was not healing. Tommy’s pain has diminished quite a bit since this last surgery so that is good news! Pray that Tommy would turn to Christ as his source of strength through this difficult recovery.
• Lastly, please pray for the final preparations for our Project Blessing Bags Assembly Day! We’ll be putting together 150 bags of essential items to be able to distribute to the needy here in California and in the areas hit on the East Coast by Hurricane Sandy. If you want to read more about the project, you can read the story HERE. The goods are beginning to pile up in the garage! Here are the boxes of cozy fleece blankets we were able to buy at cost from our local CVS store…
Wishing you a wonderful start to the New Year! We would love to be a part of your team of prayer warriors in 2013! Please let us know if you have a prayer need that we could include in our weekly prayer posts by leaving us a comment below or emailing us at: