We are on Part 2 of our series on Random Things to know about the Throne of Grace team. If you missed last week’s post revealing the confessions of Molly, you can catch up HERE.
This week, we get to know Tami a little better! Tami has been a part of Throne of Grace since August of 2011. She keeps us all on-track, organized, and well-fed — among a long list of her other talents! Let’s see what she has to share today…
1. I LOVE chocolate, but when given the option of a lemon or chocolate tart, cake, or pie, I’ll often pick the lemon one.
Here’s a pic of a lemon chiffon pie, which my mom sometimes makes for special occasions. I always loved it and still consider it one of my favorite desserts. I have a feeling it’s what influenced my lemon dessert preference.
2. Growing up my favorite color was blue. I still like blue a lot, but I now tend to prefer red.
3. I have a California accent.
When I first met my husband’s Grandmother (who was from a small town in rural South Carolina), she told me I was a little hard to understand and had a “twang”. I’d never thought of my accent that way before! Lol! I tend to pick up on any accent I’m around for any length of time, however, so whenever we’d visit her, I’d make an effort to make my accent more southern, and she seemed to have an easier time understanding me. 🙂
Meanwhile, I loved hearing her country accent and old-fashioned phrasing – some of which I’d never heard before! We were able to video tape her a few years later talking about her life and growing up on a farm. She died only a few weeks later, so my husband and I both cherish that footage of her!
4. I love to bake and often bake things from scratch, but for some reason I’m terrible at baking cakes.
About a year and a half ago I made these cake balls for a baby shower from the cake disaster I had to try and quickly salvage.
Thankfully, this batch of cake balls came out well, but I’ve even made cake ball disasters!
5. My mom is a math teacher and my dad is an engineer, but I can hardly do simple arithmetic in my head.
The apple fell pretty far from the tree on that one…
6. I would much rather go to a geeky sci-fi movie than a romantic comedy chick flick.
My husband is so lucky 😉
7. I was a theater major in college, but I never waited tables.
8. I’m really clumsy.
I’ll often do things like bump against a wall or doorway, bang dishes together, or trip over air. My husband isn’t sure if he should believe me that I used to take ballet, but I have pics to prove it 🙂
9. My husband’s allergic to cats and dogs so we don’t have any pets, but if I had to choose, I’d say I’m much more of a cat person.
We tried to have a couple dogs growing up, but it never worked out. We had our cat, Scotia (aka Scoey), however, until she died when I was in college.
1o. I have actually been inside of and eaten lunch at Club 33 at Disneyland!
If you’ve never heard of Club 33, it’s an exclusive, little-known, members-only club tucked away in the New Orleans section. I got to go with my family for an event through my dad’s work. As you can see from the above pic, we went when I was 8 or 9, so I don’t remember it very well, but I do remember it being pretty cool!
So, that’s 10 random things about me! I’d love to hear something random about you, too!
Have you ever eaten anywhere exclusive? Do you have an unexpected favorite dessert? Or – what I’m secretly hoping for – do you have any tips about baking cakes?? 🙂